Happy Thanksgiving! I had so much fun doing this tag and hope you love it!
1. Bread- What book is purely fluff, and has no real plot line?
I am going to have to go with Dreamology by Lucy Keating. I adored this book but the plot was a little all over the place and it really was purely an adorably ridiculous love story.
2. Turkey- What book made you want to fall asleep?
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly. I wanted to love this book so bad but it was just so boring. Even with the somewhat dual timelines.
3. Gravy- What book makes the whole series worth reading?
I am going to go with Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor. This series is not one of my favorites but I think Laini Taylor really stepped up her game in this book.
4. Stuffing- What book is stuffed full of action scenes?
Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare. This was an epic conclusion to one of my favorite trilogies of all time and there was so much action!
5. Mashed Potatoes- What book looked good, and then wasn’t?
The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich. This book was sold to me as a love triangle in which the two boys fall in love. I have never seen that before, so I was so excited to read this. The two boys had literally no chemistry and it seemed like the author only made them fall in love because he wanted to do a play on the love triangle trope. They didn’t even seem like they really liked each other.
6. Cranberries- What book has the sweetest romance?
The How & the Why by Cynthia Hand has a super subtle, super cute subplot and it is incredible. Even thinking about the two characters who ended up together right now gives me goosebumps. This book was so well done!
7. Corn- What’s the corniest book you’ve ever read?
Struck by Lightning by Chris Colfer. This is one of the stupidest books I have ever read. There is no substance, it is purely entertaining.
8. Green beans- What book is too long and needs to be shortened?
Wilder Girls by Rory Power. I really enjoyed this book but thought it dragged in certain places. I think the book could have easily been 25-50 pages shorter.
9. Pumpkin Pie- What book do you read to get out of a reading slump?
I don’t really reread books but if I’m in a reading slump, I will reread bits and pieces of The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. My favorite series is bound to make me excited about reading again.
10. Dog/Cat- What’s your favorite Thanksgiving food that you would steal from the table?
Mac and cheese. My mom makes homemade mac and cheese for Thanksgiving every year and it is incredible. To be honest, it is one of the only things she is really good at making!
Thanks for reading! ❤